Aberlink’s camera system offers a non-contact facility on any Aberlink CMM. A innovative design of magnetic, kinematic joint allows the probe and camera to be swapped in just seconds. This means that components can be inspected using both touch trigger and vision inspection technology on the same machine.
The camera incorporates a telecentric lens that gives a distortion-free image on the monitor. It also contains a fully programmable 16-LED light ring which contains alternate white and UV LEDs. The white LEDs provide surface illumination in the normal manner while the UV LEDs provide an elegant solution to the problem of backlighting on a CMM - the component to be measured is placed on a plate which reflects the UV light and functions as backlighting. Just another example of Aberlink’s innovative approach to solving metrology problems.
- Swap between touch probe and CMM camera in seconds
- Use touch and vision technology within the same inspection program
- High precision edge detection for feature inspection
- Thread measurement - min/max/mean pitch, left/right angles, effective diameter
- Fully programmable digital zoom (no need to change lenses)
- Directional overhead lights and back light for profile and surface feature inspection
- Telecentric lens measures accurately even when the feature is out of focus
|Sensor||3 megapixel high speed color camera|
|Resolution||2048 x 1536 (QXGA)|
|Focal Range||min 5" | max 39" (manually adjusted)|
|Field of View (mm)||min 0.4" | max 5"|
|Pixel Size||min 4.8 µm | max 48 µm|