There are a number of philosophies that Aberlink has adopted since it was founded in 1993 that have revolutionised the way that modern CMMs are now manufactured. First, the bridge of the Zenith too is fabricated entirely from aluminium alloy. This has a number of advantages: the cost of machining is significantly lower than for machines made from granite, ceramic or other exotic materials. The aluminium is stress relieved to produce a highly stable structure and, with modern computing power, running a real-time error map to achieve high accuracy is simple.
Also, as the Zenith too is made from a single material it expands and contracts uniformly with temperature change - if machines were made from different materials, a change in temperature would cause a distortion and hence introduce errors. Aberlink offer easy-to-use temperature compensation within the user software.
All moving parts are light and this, combined with good design, means that the Zenith too has low inertia and optimal acceleration characteristics - the machines are really fast, minimizing inspection times.
- Aberlink's revolutionary user friendly measurement software
- Shortest learning curve of any equivalent system - 1 day without prior CMM experience
- Smallest overall footprint of any comparable size CMM
- Choice of Y axis sizes ranging from 39" to 118"
- Suitable for the workshop environment
- Protection from environmental vibrations as standard
- Optimized friction free air bearings, all aluminum bridge and granite table
- CMM Touch Screen Joystick supplied as standard
- Free stylus change rack with every motorized probe head upgrade
- Aberlink 3D measurement software for touch probe feature inspection
- Windows PC controller, machine controller card and peripherals
- Steel CMM workbench with fixed monitor arm or control cabinet
- Renishaw TP8 manual indexing probe head and integrated probe
- Aberlink probe stylus kit
- Aberlink Ø19mm sphere CMM requalification kit
- User training course - up to 4 trainees and software user guide
- 12 months full parts and labor warranty
- Free-of-charge helpdesk support
|Axis Travel||X 39"
Y 39", 59", 79", 98", 118"
Z 24", 31"
|Overall Size (mm)||X 57"
Y 55", 75", 95", 114", 134"
Z 99", 114"
|*Volumetric Accuracy||TP20 (3.8 + 0.4L/100) µm
TP200 (3.7 + 0.4L/100) µm
SP25M (3.5 + 0.4L/100) µm
|**Optimum Temp Range||64 - 72°F|
|Operational Temp Range||32 - 113°F|
|Table Load Capacity||3310lbs standard
Options up to 9790lbs
|Max. Velocity Vector||24"/sec|
|Max. Acceleration Vector||24"/sec²|
|Air Consumption||50 l/min (1.8 cfm)|
|Required Air Pressure||4 bar (60 psi)|
*Maximum Permissible Error MPEE according to 10360-2, 2009 within the thermal limits defined for optimum temperature range.
**Installation environmental thermal limits: Rate of change <1.8°F/hr and <3.6°F/24hr. Temperature gradient <1.8°F/m